Ken's Sports Quiz: The Turf Field
Bellngham Bulletin Sports Editor Ken Hamwey
The facility, however, has never enjoyed full endorsement from Bellingham’s numerous residents and taxpayers in spite of its limiting postponements and being available to a variety of youth programs.
Here’s a quiz designed to test your knowledge about the field, who uses it, who worked for it to become a reality and how it’s being funded.
- Anderson Field was rededicated when synthetic turf was installed. What sport was played on Oct. 11, 2013, the day of the rededication?
- List the two teams that played on Oct. 11, 2013.
- True or false. The turf field proposal failed to pass at town meeting on its initial attempt.
- What was the price tag for the turf field?
- The field is permanently marked for five sports. Name them.
- What symbol is located at the center of the field?
- Two members of the Board of Selectmen got the ball rolling in making the turf field an eventual reality. Who are they?
- Name the member of the School Committee whose presentation at town meeting was instrumental in the passage of the article.
- True or false. Money raised by real estate taxation is used to pay for the field.
- True or false. Money raised by a local meals tax is used to pay for the field.
- Norton and Bellingham played a football game that Norton won.
- The field cost $1.35 million.
- Football, soccer, field hockey, boys lacrosse and girls lacrosse.
- A logo with the letter B is 23 feet, 5 inches wide and 30 feet tall.
- Mike Soter and Michael Connor.
- Mike Reed.