Check Out Local Fairs & FestivalsSep 30, 2021 06:00AM ● By Ashley Kazijian
by Ashley Kazijian, Contributing Writer
It’s that time of year again—apple cider donuts and pumpkin-spiced everything are back again. It’s also time for some of our favorite fall outdoor activities: fairs and festivals! Here is a partial listing (there's more but we didn't have time or space to list them all!) of some local happenings this season that the whole family can enjoy:
- Food Truck Concert Nights— Friday, 10/1/21, 5–8pm; Diamond Hill State Park, Cumberland, RI. (https://www.visitrhodeisland.com/event/food-truck-concert-nights-at-diamond-hill/77362)
- Harvest Festival—Saturday, 10/2/21, 12–5pm; Downtown Franklin. (https://www.franklindowntownpartnership.org/2021/04/harvest-festival-scheduled-for-october.html)
- FallFest— Saturday, 10/2/21, 2–7pm; The Corner Spot, Ashland. (https://thecornerspotashland.com/upcomingevents/2021/10/2/fallfest)
- Harvest Crafts— Wednesday, 10/6/21, 4–5pm; Bellingham Public Library (http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/B/BLNGHAM/ekp.cfm?curOrg=BLNGHAM)
- Autumnfest— Friday, Oct. 8, 6–11pm; Saturday, Oct. 9, 10AM–11PM; Sunday, Oct. 10, 10AM–11PM; Monday, Oct. 11, 12–7PM; World War II Memorial Park, 84 Social St, Woonsocket, RI. (http://www.autumnfest.org)
- New England Rodeo: Bulls & Barrels— Saturdays, 10/2 and 10/9, beg. at 5 pm; 185 N. Washington Street, Norton MA. (https://www.nerodeo.com)
- Fall Fun Weekend at Wojcik’s Farm— Saturday, 10/9—Monday, 10/11, 10AM–5PM; 65 Milk St, Blackstone MA (https://wojcikfarm.com/events)
- Giant Candy Land: Halloween Edition— Saturday, 10/16, 10—11am; Bellingham Public Library. (http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/B/BLNGHAM/ekp.cfm?curOrg=BLNGHAM)
- Halloween Story Time & Costume Parade—Friday, 10/29, 4:15–4:45pm; Bellingham Public Library, Blackstone St. (http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/B/BLNGHAM/ekp.cfm?curOrg=BLNGHAM)
- Bellingham Farmers Market—Friday, 9:30AM–2PM, and Saturday, 10AM–2PM (through 10/30); Center Street, Bellingham (http://www.BellinghamMA.org)
- Franklin Farmers Market— Fridays, 2–6pm (through 10/29); 200 Main Street, Franklin (https://www.franklinfarmersmarketma.com)
- Attleboro Farmers Market—Saturdays, 9am–1pm (through 10/30); 201 County Street, Attleboro MA (https://attleborofarmersmarket.com)
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular—through 10/31, 6–10:30pm; Roger Williams Park, 1000 Elmwood Ave, Providence RI. (https://www.rwpzoo.org/jols) NOTE: tickets must be purchased online in advance.
Before you grab your pumpkin-spiced latte and head out the door, please be mindful of COVID-19 protocols and event specifics prior to attending; some towns may have mask mandates in place at the time of the event.
For more information on admission fees, parking, and event expectations (bringing pets, etc.), please contact event administrators or visit the FAQs page (if there is one) on the event’s website.