June News, Hours & Events Announced at Bellingham Public LibraryMay 27, 2021 06:00AM ● By Pamela Johnson
Bellingham Public Library
At Bulletin deadline (5/15/21), the library was finalizing a plan for expanding services. Please visit the library website, www.belllinghamlibrary.org, and click on the red alert banner at the top of the page for details.
Library hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 11AM—6PM; Wednesday, 11AM—8PM; Friday and Saturday, 10AM—3PM. As usual, the library will be closed on Saturdays for the summer; the last open Saturday is June 12th. (The library will reopen on Saturdays after Labor Day.)
Returning Library Materials:Please place items you are returning on the designated cart in the library lobby or drop items in the book drop near the flagpole. All items that are returned will be quarantined for at least a few days before being checked in. Any late fees will be waived once the items are checked in.
Museum & Attraction Pass ProgramSince more venues have opened, the library has resumed our popular Museum & Attraction Pass Program. Please check the Museum Pass link on the library website for details. Many of the venues have special instructions for library-pass use because of COVID-19 restrictions, so please review those carefully before making your reservations. We would like to thank the Friends of the Library for coordinating the Museum & Attraction Pass Program and the sponsors listed in last month’s Bellingham Bulletin who helped the Friends defray the costs of providing these passes to the community.
Summer Reading Program
We are so excited for "Tails and Tales," the 2021 Summer Reading Program, that our voices have become horse! It's going to be a LlamAzing summer, and we are not lion. Waiting for it to get here is unBearable. (Okay, we’re done.)
The Summer Reading Program this year is sponsored by Rockland Trust and the Friends of the Bellingham Library.
You can sign up beginning on June 7, and the fun officially begins on June 21. Save the date for our kickoff event on Saturday, June 26, at 10:30AM, which features the Toe Jam Puppet Band and a giveaway of baby stuffed animals.
Details for this event and all our summer events, as well as information about how your summer reading can win you prizes, may be found at www.bellinghamlibrary.org/kids.
- Book Discussion Group—Monday, June 7, at 6:30 pm. The Shining by Stephen King will be discussed. If you are interested in attending (virtual meeting on Zoom), please contact Reference Librarian Cecily Christensen, who will be leading the discussion, 508-966-1660, [email protected].
- Virtual Writing Group for Adults—Monday, June 14, at 6:30pm. Writers, readers and listeners are invited to join local writers Amy Bartelloni and Marjorie Turner Hollman for a virtual evening of reading and listening. Works of fiction or nonfiction are welcome. Reading limit is 9 minutes per reader, with a brief opportunity for positive, personal comments only. To receive the Zoom link, please email Marjorie Turner Hollman at [email protected].
- Friends of the Library Meeting—Tuesday, June 15, at 7PM. Email [email protected] for the Zoom link if you wish to attend.
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting—Thursday, June 17, at 7PM. The Zoom link for this meeting is posted under the agenda at https://www.bellinghamma.org/library/board-library-trustees.
June Children’s Programs
See library calendar for details; all YouTube videos can be accessed at youtube.com/abcswithmrsteve.
- ABCs with Mr. Steve: Monday, June 7, at 9AM, on YouTube.
- 15 Minutes of Fun! On Facebook Live: Tuesdays, June 1 and June 8, at 10AM.
- Crayon Box Storytime— Live on Zoom: Tuesdays, June 1 and June 8, at 12:30PM, and Thursdays, June 3 and June 10, at 9:30AM; replay on Fridays, June 4 and June 11, at 9AM.
- Picnic Stories—Wednesdays, June 2 and June 9, at 12:30PM, on the Town Common (if weather permits).
- PJ Storytime—Wednesdays, June 2 and June 9, at 7 PM, on Facebook Live.
- Virtual STEAM Time—Thursday, June 3, at 3:30 PM, on YouTube. Sign up to get your materials.