USDA Extends Free Meals for All Children for the Entire School YearNov 19, 2020 12:50PM ● By Pamela Johnson
The USDA has extended universal free meals for all students for the entire school year and School Nutrition Director Liz Bell encourages Bellingham residents to participate.
Free breakfast and lunch are available daily to all attending students. ALL students are automatically qualified (no application necessary). Menus are available at https://www.bellinghamk12.org/food-services-77852125 or https://bellinghamk12.nutrislice.com. We are offering a delicious, nutritious and safely prepared variety ofmeals for your children to enjoy. We do ask that you remind your children to bring their student ID’s with them when coming to visit us.
Breakfast is available to pick up and enjoy in the classroom:
- Elementary Schools-- in the cafeteria as you come in to school
- BMS-- at our grab & go carts at both main office and parent drop off entrances
- BHS-- at at the concession stand near the gym
- KMA-- pre order online
- Elementary-- order with your teacher in the morning
- BMS & BHS-- make lunch selection in line
- KMA-- pre-order online
Visit our district wide Grab & Go curbside service at BMS from 11:30-12:30 on the scheduled days (check out our monthly pick up calendar on the same district website link as above) and receive 3-day breakfast & lunch packs at no cost. This program is available to any child 18 or under (not just enrolled students). Children do not have to be present and no ID i s required, but we kindly ask that you please wear a face mask while picking up your meals.
Although meals are free with no paperwork necessary, we still encourage you to fill out a free and reduced application and sharing forms if needed for transportation, athletic, or additional fee waivers. Why should families take advantage of FREE school meals?
- It extends your family's food budget
- The program is funded by the USDA. You are helping our the Bellingham school nutrition department stay financially afloat as we receive federal funding for each meal served
- You are NOT taking away meals from someone else, you are supporting our district and town
- No packing for you and no lunch bag for your kiddos to carry throughout the school day