Library News and Events for June 2019May 31, 2019 06:00AM ● By Pamela Johnson
Check the calendar on the library website, www.bellinghamlibrary.org, for more details and to register for programs.
SUMMER READING KICKOFF SPECTACULAR!
- Lasers in Space Musical Laser Show—Friday, June 21, from 7 to 7:40 pm, at a location to be announced. Prismatic Lasers is back with an out-of-this-world musical laser light show called “Lasers in Space.” No registration needed.
- Drumlin Farm Wild Tales: Owl Moon—Wednesday, June 26, 10:15—10:45 am, and 11:15—11:45am. Drumlin Farm will be at the library with the famous story, Owl Moon, and a great horned owl. Learn about and see an owl up close. Please register; space is limited. Registration begins in early June.
- Summer Space Movie: Zathura —Thursday, June 27, from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. In keeping with the summer reading theme, “A Universe of Stories,” the library will show space-related movies over the summer. Zathura is rated PG; it is 1 hr. and 54 minutes in length. Stop by and feel free to bring your own snacks. No registration is required.
Monthly Adult Programs:
- Book Discussion Group: Monday, June 3, at 6:30 pm.
- Friends of the Library Meeting: Monday, June 3, at 7 pm.
- Ask-a-Lawyer: Monday, June 10, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
- Writing Group for Adults: Monday, June 10, at 6:30 pm.
- Library Trustees Meeting, Thursday, June 13, at 7 pm.
Weekly Adult Programs:Thursdays: Knitting Group, 6:30 pm, new members welcome.
June Children’s Programs:
- Meet the Author: Alex Lataille, Thursday, June 6, at 6:30 pm. Seven-year-old Alex Lataille is the author of Spring’s Rainbow.
- Mother/Daughter Book Club: Tuesday, June 11, at 6:30 pm (grades 4-6).