Ken's Quiz: Winter Sports
Mar 26, 2015 03:26PM
By Kenneth Hamwey
Bellngham Bulletin Sports Editor Ken Hamwey
written by KEN HAMWEY, Bulletin Sports Editor
- Rob Evans is a physical education teacher at Bellingham High, but he coaches a varsity team in a nearby community. Name the team and the town where he coaches.
- Debra Sacco, like Evans, teaches physical education at Bellingham High. Formerly the junior varsity girls basketball coach at Bellingham, she’s now the varsity softball coach at a regional school. Name the school.
- The 2013-14 girls basketball team at Bellingham High won the Division 3 Central Mass. championship. List the three teams it defeated to win the Sectional crown.
- The 2012-13 Bellingham High girls basketball team qualified for the playoffs but lost in the first round. Who beat the Blackhawks?
- She’s won the MVP award three straight seasons. Her first honor was in outdoor track last year, then cross-country and most recently in winter track. Who is she?
- The 2014-15 boys and girls indoor track teams at Bellingham High combined to win a pair of awards in the Tri Valley League. What did they win?
- Who is Bellingham’s all-time leader in career points in ice hockey?
- Who is the all-time leader in career assists for BHS in ice hockey?
- The 2014-15 girls basketball team at Bellingham qualified for tourney play by winning its last game. Whom did the Blackhawks defeat to qualify for the playoffs?
- The 1979-80 Bellingham ice hockey team advanced to the Eastern Mass. Division 2 quarterfinals at Boston Garden, where it lost, 5-2. Who beat Bellingham?
- Hopedale’s girls basketball team.
- Millbury, Northbridge and Tyngsboro.
- Old Rochester.
- Sarah Edwards.
- The boys took first place in sportsmanship and the girls were second.
- Justin Park (88 goals and 78 assists for 166 points).
- Bob McManus (100).
- Medway High.
- Oliver Ames.