A Peek at the 2019 Political Calendar and Election Ballot
Feb 28, 2019 06:00AM
● By Pamela Johnson
2019 Political CalendarImportant March Deadlines Highlighted
The following is a list of important dates regarding the 2019 annual town election (to be held on Tuesday, May 7) and annual town meeting (to be held on Wednesday, May 22) in the town of Bellingham.
- March 4, at 5 PM, is the deadline for obtaining blank nomination papers from the Town Clerk.
- March 11, at 5 PM, is the deadline for the submittal of nomination papers to the Board of Registrars by the Town Clerk.
- March 25, at 5 PM, is the deadline for filing nomination papers with the Town Clerk by the Board of Registrars.
- March 27, at 5 PM, is the deadline for the withdrawal of and/or objections to nomination papers.
- April 10, at 8 PM, is the voter registration deadline for the annual town election.
- April 24, at 12 PM, is the Selectmen’s deadline for posting the warrant for annual town election.
- Tuesday, May 7: Annual town election
- May 2, at 8 PM, is the deadline for voter registration for annual town meeting.
- May 10, at 5 PM, is the deadline to file a recount petition.
- Wednesday, May 22: Annual town meeting will take place at Bellingham High School auditorium, beginning at 7:30 PM.
2019 Town Election BallotBellingham’s 2019 town election will be held on Tuesday, May 7. Following is a look at the preliminary ballot (as of 2/22/19). To see who the final candidates for election will be, check back here after the March 11 deadline for returning nomination papers.
SELECTMAN (Vote for 1) for three years
Daniel M. Spencer, 95 Harpin St., Candidate for Re-election
SELECTMAN (Vote for 1) for one year
MODERATOR (Vote for 1) for three years
Michael B. Carr, 20 Lizotte Dr., Candidate for Re-election
TOWN CLERK (Vote for 1) for three years
Ann L. Odabashian, 133 Bellwood Cir., Candidate for Re-election
CONSTABLES (Vote for 4) for three years
David H. Brown, 1153 South Main St., Candidate for Re-election
Richard J. Martinelli, 36 Beechwood Rd., Candidate for Re-election
Roland R. Marinelli, 7 Beechwood Rd., Candidate for Re-election
William Paine, 40 Lizotte Dr., Candidate for Re-election
LIBRARY TRUSTEE (Vote for 2) for three years
Amy Bartelloni, 9 Blackmar St., Candidate for Re-election
Nicole Buckley, 4 Rhodes Way, Candidate for Re-election
PLANNING BOARD MEMBER (Vote for 2) for three years
Peter C. Pappas, 98 Harpin St., Candidate for Re-election
Russell E. Lafond, 20 Main Ave., Candidate for Re-election
HOUSING AUTHORITY (1) for five years
SCHOOL COMMITTEE (2) for three years
Jennifer L. Altomonte, 110 Muron Ave., Candidate for Re-election
Michael Reed, Jr., 14 Brittany Rd., Candidate for Re-election