Library to Kick Off Summer Reading Program with Circus Maximus
Featured ProgramsReady, Set, Read! Mondays,1 pm, and Thursdays, 10:30 am, beginning on June 27 (for ages 2-5). This weekly story time will have lots of action. Please register one time in order to attend any Ready, Set, Read on either day.
Battle of the Books Information Session—Tuesday, June 28, at 6:30 pm (for students entering grades 2-7). Get some friends together because Battle of the Books is back. Teams of 2-3 kids will read the same five books and then compete in a trivia contest about those books on Tuesday evening, August 16. There will be two competitions: one for students entering grades 2-4 and one for students entering grades 4-7 (fourth graders can choose). Learn about the details at this information session. Need a team? Singles will be matched up. If you are interested in participating but cannot make the information session, please email Children’s Librarian Mr. Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ollie the Clown Comedy Magic—Wednesday, June 29, 11 am (for families; best with kids 4 and up). As soon as Ollie the Clown begins the show, his high-energy comedy becomes infectious. Ollie is able to involve both his audience and volunteers, engaging them as a whole in the fun and comedy. A graduate from Ringling Clown College and a former performer for Ringling Brothers’ Circus World, Ollie combines professional comedic timing with excellent magic. Bonus: an appearance from his assistant, a live rabbit! Please register; registration begins on June 7.
Mr. Lemoncello’s Library Olympics—Thursday, June 30, 2 pm (for grades 4-7). From the New York Times Bestselling book, Mr. Lemoncello’s Library Olympics: Welcome, boys and girls, readers of all ages, to the first-ever Library Olympiad. Kyle and his teammates are back, and the world-famous game maker, Luigi Lemoncello, is at it again. This time Mr. Lemoncello has invited teams from all across America to compete in the first-ever Library Olympics. You don’t have to have read the book to participate; you just have to like puzzles and games, and using your brain—yes, even in the summer. Please register.
Events for Children
- Monday, June 27, at 6:30 pm—Tail Waggin’ Tutors; please register.
- Mondays in the Middle—June 13, 2:30-4 pm (for grades 4-7); drop in.
- Ring-A-Ding—Selected Tuesdays, 10:15 am (for ages 0–5); drop in.
- Book Babies—Tuesday June 14, 11:30 am; selected Wednesdays, 9:30 am (for ages 0-23 months); please register.
- Beach Story Time—Tuesday, June 7, 4:15 pm (for ages 3-6); please register.
- It’s a Zoo Story Time—Tuesday, June 14, 1:15 pm (for ages 2-5); please register.
- Picnic Stories—Selected Wednesdays, 12:30 pm; (for all ages) on the Bellingham Town Common.
- Special Story Time—Selected Wednesdays 10:30 am (for ages 2-5); please register.
- Lego Club—Wednesdays, 4 pm (for all ages).
- Special Story Time—Selected Thursdays,10:30 am and 1:15 pm (for ages 2-5); please register.
- Ring-A-Ding—Fridays, 10:15 am, and June 11, 10:15 am (for ages 0-5); drop in.
- Events for Teens
- After School Café—Weekdays after school, 2-5 pm, in the Teen Room (for grades 6-12); drop in.
- YA Book Lovers Book Club—Tuesday, June 14, 6:30 pm (for teens and adults).
- Dr. Who Marathon—Friday, June 3, 2 pm (for ages 13 and up); drop in.
- Anime Club—Friday, June 10, at 2:30 pm (for ages 13-18); drop in.
Events for Adults
- Book Discussion Group—Monday, June 6, 6:30 pm; new members welcome; drop in.)
- Friends of the Library—Monday, June 13, 7 pm. New members welcome.
- Kid Lit Book Club—Thursday, June 2, 6:30 pm; please register.
- Library Board of Trustees—Thursday, June 9, 7 pm.
- Bellingham Skein Artists Adult Knitting Group—Thursdays, 6:30 pm; drop in.
- PPAL Parent/Caregiver Support Group—June 7 and 21, 5:30 pm.
- Coloring for Adults —Monday, June 13, 6 pm; drop in.