Bathroom Upgrades to Impress Guests
Oct 15, 2014 07:00AM
● By Pamela Johnson
Game night, girls' night or family reunion - your home serves as the backdrop for many occasions. Preparing your space for friends and family can feel like a heavy undertaking, but with a few simple entertaining tips, hosts can wave goodbye to anxieties.
- Pre-Guest Prep. Greet your guests with a warm welcome by preparing appetizers and drinks beforehand. Plan for ten bite-sized portions per guest - like bacon-wrapped dates or stuffed mushrooms - that are visually enticing, but not intimidating. More importantly, rehearse the recipe beforehand. No host should spend the party in the kitchen experimenting on a first-time dish.
- Space Is Key. Be mindful of how your home coincides with the theme of your party. Game day? Have plenty of seats in front of the screen and a "sideline lounge" for those who prefer to socialize. Girls' night? Don't stress about chairs. Encourage guests to congregate in various areas - like a "choose your own fruit" sangria bar.
- Less Is More. Save money and lighten your "to-do" list by simplifying tasks. For example, when hosting a dinner, choose a simple candle display instead of extravagant flowers. When preparing for the holidays, fill a glass bowl with holiday ornaments or venture outside for pine cones, which can serve as a fresh and festive centerpiece.
- Clean As You Go. Clear your dishwasher before the party and rinse dinnerware throughout the evening to avoid a messy kitchen. A Delta faucet with Touch2O Technology makes it easy to start and stop the flow of water with a simple tap anywhere on the handle or spout - a perfect accessory for quick and easy cleaning.
- Overflow Free. The bath is one of the highest-traffic areas during game day or the holidays and most people's top bathroom concern is the fear of toilet overflow, especially in someone else's home. Consider a Delta toilet with FlushIQ technology, which offers overflow prevention and leak detection, and boasts a touch-free sensor, eliminating the need to touch a dirty handle.
Whether you're ramping up for game day or holiday cocktails with the in-laws, the entertaining season can be made much easier with a few simple adjustments. For additional home upgrades and kitchen and bath technologies, visit www.deltafaucet.com.